Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
quest put it d o w n ! ! !
beat freaks disappointed me a little, but quest crew made up for it. there's nothing like air flares on elbows to get me open. hurano's adorable. i loved their krumping section. that shit was fire. no wonder fly khicks got sent home after that.
my ceramic blow dryer konked out on me the other night. the prep for tonight's show will be tedious without it.
going back to bed. i have a long day ahead of me . .
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
valentine's day ain't shit. [the ignorance is coming out again.] niggas ain't shit. i swear, i'm always alone on valentine's day, and it's not like i don't have someone i can spend it with, but of course, i get the short end of the stick again. i swear, my eyes hurt so bad from crying. there were mineral brozer-infested tears in my shrimp won ton soup earlier.
so el and i did some talking--mainly about my relationships, or the lack there of. somewhat well needed, most of it was already known, but sometimes, things just need to be said between friends.
last valentine's day, i ate a whole junior's strawberry cheesecake alone. no one should ever have to do that. there's a lot i put up with that i definitely don't deserve. i tend to sell myself short. i'm an amazing person. i really want to be on my fuck everyone type shit, but that's definitely not a way to live, especially when it comes to the heart. i guess i'll just have to keep at it with this trial and error shit until my heart's at ease and i'm truly content.
i'm still upset about tomorrow, though. naquan called. he wants to hang out. no words for that. it's shitty that the person i really want to be with "doesn't do valentine's day", so i'll be at the studio, staring at another damn computer screen. queen mikey wants to get red mango after work tomorrow. i'd rather not. tomorrow will definitely not be a good day for me to be around anyone. roxanne and monty are on their way up from virginia and there's a family dinner at red lobster tomorrow night. i'm not even going to that.
i'm hungry. maybe. i don't think so. i don't know.
my best piece of advice is that women should always take into account their shape and personality — and cater for that rather than blindly following trends. think of that when you're looking for spring jumpsuits. - victoria beckham
*i'm literally writing this as i'm watching it, in between commercials and blowing out chunks of this mop on my head.
philly cheesesteak and brownie cheesecake date with my queen manny in a few hours. i haven't seen this fool in a while.
oh no.. my cloggers are in the bottom. they better send fly khicks home.
ok so dynamic edition disappointed me.
and so did fly khicks.
what the fuck was the point of that?
well fly khicks' chair splits were good.
fly khicks made it through. after seeing both performances, i would've expected that, too.
more online tv. roxy's coming home tonight. today will be a long day..
quest crew didn't amaze me this week, but they were entertaining. i still love them because hok is there. only real danciees know where he's from.
strikers all stars were cute. their performance wasn't amazing, like it always is, but i'm mind boggled about their illusion.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
so last night was the big night. the birthday party business. things got fucked up in all kids of ways:
1. my dress that arlene made wasn't made correctly. i might as well show the design now.
i tried to fix it multiple times, which i shouldn't have had to do, but it still wasn't wearable. the purple dress from roxanne's party was in the cleaners, so i ended up wearing the little black dress i bought from american apparel for shanice's baby shower.
2. typical naica, she waited until four hours before i wanted everyone to meet to go find an outfit. i was definitely dragged around the mall, starving and with a headache, for about an hour. i hate shopping with naica.
3. naica got locked out. so did her room mate. we tried everything to get the damn door open, from sticking hair pins in the key hole to trying to break one of the windows in the door with my oxford. her room mate is this old jamaican woman, [mad jamaican], and i swear, she called about a million people to tell the story of how she "never always lock dat door." long story short, we got some random man to kick the door in. quite amusing, might i add.
4. so i invited about twenty or so females and queens to go to dinner. about half of them have definitely proven to me how much i mean to them. sasha, bianca, ciara, and liseli just forgot, amy went to a party, and karla and brittany just didn't have the fucking courtesy to call and say they weren't coming, when not even twenty minutes before i left, they were "getting ready." mikey didn't get back from the hamptons with his family in time, so i'm definitely not upset with him. so at the end of it, it was down to naica and christina. naica's there every year for my birthday, and my darling christina is, literally, always there when i need her.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
1. i blog; uncontrollably. it's just amusing to me. i feel better after i release sometimes.
2. my favorite color's turquoise, but i only wear black and gray. i don't know why, i just feel a lot more comfortable in black.
3. i can never get enough red velvet cake. i tried junior's red velvet. it's not the best. lords on the junction is a hell of a lot better. maybe that's why i gained a few pounds again.
4. i hate my biological sister. she's the favorite child. that shit doesn't rock well with me. my brothers know it, but they're fine with it. they never had my father around when they were growing up, so they don't really care much. daddy didn't come to my high school graduation, but he definitely got his ass up on a fuckin' plane to see her get some bullshit corrections officer certificate shit.
5. as much as i love modeling, it's not a career choice. it's fun. just fun. i'm not a go hard for it. it is what it is. if i make money, i make money. there's not much more to say for it.
6. i have fibromyalgia. i swear i've spoken enough about this subject for the world to know about it.
7. my godfather dying and spending my birthday at his funeral was on of the hardest things for me to deal with. he died on my first day of class of my second semester of college. i spoke to my mom all day while i was at school, but i didn't find out until i got home. my dad is the worst person to deliver bad news. i was depressed for a while. sometime's i have my moments. i had my first asthma attack at his funeral. crazy day.
8. i starve myself sometimes to lose weight. it worked when i was ten, and it worked during the summer when i wanted to lose weight for my cousin's wedding.
9. i have a fear of falling. it just makes my heart jump.
10. my father's been around my whole life , but he was never really there. no graduations, no dance recitals, no tennis matches. nothing.
11. i tend to break all of my electronics. i've gone through two ipods, on my second camera, and my second laptop is on its way to the dogs.
12. i got my first coach bag for passing english in highschool with an A. my sister in-law is so cool.
13. until i was 6, i thought i was ugly because i was dark. i hated black-ness. i always wanted white barbies. i was weird, and i used to piss my cousin off with it. my mom and my sister are light, almost red, i guess you can say. they literally look like a peach crayon, and i loved that. i always used to say "mommy, you and carly are peach!" and i thought they were gorgeous because of it.
14. i played the piano for six years. my mother wanted one of those frouffy cultured kids. i still say she was trying to compensate for her absence due to the whole "corporate american woman" thing.
15. i have shopping bags filled with kid robot toys. my mom blames it for my credit debt.
16. i absolutely LOVE diner bacon cheeseburgers. they're just amazing. any sandwich with bacon is amazing, actually.
17. i'm loving that i can go out without foundation now! i don't have to worry about my blemishes showing because the shit's fading, and i can wear white tees because there's no foundation to stain it.
18. when i was 5, i wanted to be a waitress when i grew up [thanks to min from barney.] she was the only asian girl so of course, i wanted to be like her.
19. i feel like i'm a disappointment to my parents. i make my mother really upset sometimes. a lot of the time. i don't go to church, i hang out a lot, i have a sharp mouth, and those things upset her.
20. i can fall asleep anywhere. on the bus, on the train, in a corner on the floor at my school. recently i caught myself sleeping on mikey's shoulder in pritchett's fashion buying class.
21. i often think of baby names, even though i say i don't want kids. having kids is just not my thing, but i love love love reading baby name books. i bought shanice a baby name book when she was pregnant with little avery.
22. i wish i was in art school already. i hate these damn business classes. just shoot me.
23. i'm deadly afraid of cats. i always have dreams of them killing me in a million different ways. it's freaky.
24. as much as i hate rap music, i love me some lil' wayne. his punchlines make me cream =]
25. i don't have a tv in my room. for my room to be set up the way it is, there's just no space for a television, especially since it can only be in one specific corner because of the architecture and the cable wires.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
*this video was done this morning. i was trying to post if before i left for school, but the shit was taking to damn long to load . .
so happy birfday to me!
not really. today felt like any other day. here's the run down:
- physics lab
- laid in bed with the boobie
- picked up my dress
- went to mood with jessica
- went to the studio
- ate strawberry cheesecake from juniors
- ate a chicken burrito from yummy taco
- slept [all of this was at the studio]
- watched tv for about five hours with travis and kay
this morning i got my card from mommy and daddy. i sure as hell teared up like a little bitch, but guess what--ask if i give a fuck!
now i'm home and i feel like shit. my nose is sore from blowing the shit out of it, and i'm sleeping alone tonight. definitely not my intention. this cold/flu thing better bounce before saturday . .
Monday, February 2, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
birthday in two days. adding more to the wishlist:
i shot with simon gerzia on saturday. cool guy. quick and easy shoot. nice studio set up in williamsburg on varet street. here's some of his work:
after the shoot i headed over to trav and kay's. this may be an odd picture, but i laid in their queen size bed with them and ate pizza for the rest of the day. kay left and went clubbing with the girls, i stayed, ate chinese food, and passed out. trav woke my ass up around midnight and i took a cab home. i love my best friend. sometimes.